Sunday, February 16, 2014

My Energy Saving Light Bulbs are Burning Out



The other day I replaced four (4) energy saving lightbulbs in light fixtures in my home.
They had burned out after I installed them about a year ago.
I work full time so I'm not home that much, yet they only lasted a year.
These were the highest lumen curley energy saving lightbulbs I could find.
They didn't explode. They were black at the bases when they died.

Fortunately I had some regular light bulbs on hand which I replaced the curley ones with.
Having Seasonal Affective Disorder (S.A.D.), I need a lot of light in Winter.
My doctor prescribed light box therapy for me at home and at work.
I have a light box both at home and at work which really helps with S.A.D.

I am not happy with the high lumen energy saving light bulbs I purchased which died after one year.
My electricity is included with my rent, so I don't pay an electric bill.
Still, I purchased the curley energy saving light bulbs to see if they would emit enough light that I could tolerate it with my having S.A.D.
They did not emit enough light for my needs, even though I have a lot of lights in my home.

So what are the options for those that suffer from S.A.D.?
For those with aging eyes, which strain to see in buildings where these energy saving light bulbs are used?
If one stays at a hotel, you could have a regular light bulb you brought and put it in a lamp.
However, it is hard to travel with a light bulb and not have it break.



I visited my sister once who has all energy-saving light bulbs in her home and it was like a cave to me.
I could hardly see.
I find the color of the light is yellowish and is not bright.

So now I will try to buy more regular high lumen light bulbs before they're completely gone from store shelves.

No comments:

Post a Comment